Date(s) - 01/02/2019
9:00 am - 3:30 pm
Molly Brant Elementary School
The Babysitting course, refreshed and revised, now has a greater emphasis on First Aid skills. The Canadian Red Cross Babysitting course covers everything from managing difficult behaviours to essential content on leadership and professional conduct as a babysitter. Babysitting promises to deepen and enhance the responsibility that older youth feel when caring for younger children. This updated curriculum, complete with new science, also provides improved learning when it comes to giving the appropriate care in the event of an emergency.
- How to be responsible and demonstrate leadership
- How to make good decisions and manage difficult behaviours
- Information on children’s developmental stages, and specific strategies for each stage
- How to feed, diaper, dress, and play with children and babies
- How to recognize and prevent unsafe situations, make safe choices and promote safe behaviours
- First aid skills
- The business of babysitting
Prerequisite — Minimum 11 years of age (or completion of Grade 5)
If you are interested in purchasing any of our First Aid Kits they will be available for sale or pick up on the day of class. Save the tax on any kits purchased before class or on the day of training.
Registrations are closed for this course.