Date(s) - 06/02/2020
6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Be Prepared - 213A Front St
Dates: Feb 6, Feb 13, Feb 20, Feb 27, Mar 5
This 5-week course teaches children ages 6-10 how to handle emergencies and what to do in different situations.
We believe strongly in teaching children about emergencies BEFORE they happen and ensuring that our children are Prepared.
What topics will be covered in the 5-weeks?
- Keeping safe in an emergency – discussing how to recognize emergencies, how to stay safe
- Calling 911 – when to call, what happens when you call, emergency calls from cell phones
- Learn how to identify a stroke and a few other common medical conditions
- What’s in a first aid kit – identify and learn the contents of a first aid kit.
- Basic Wound Care – how to stop bleeding, keeping wounds clean
- Medications & Poisons – who is allowed to use medications, why medications are used, when medications can be dangerous, what to do if someone has swallowed a poison, calling poison control
Registration for each child will include:
- A wallet sized first aid kit to take home in addition to the practice first aid supplies they can keep after the course
- Certificate of Participation for completing the 5 weeks
To register your child(ren) simply fill out the form below and complete the payment process. After we have received your registration we will send out a short questionnaire to learn a little more about your child(ren). If you are registering multiple children you can put either the child’s name or the parent’s name.
This course will be held in our downtown location, 213A Front St, Belleville.