1 – Red Cross Biohazard Bag – Isolate hazardous items. This measures 30.5 cm x 30.5 cm and is puncture resistant.
4 – Dust Masks – Protect yourself against airborne pathogens and dust. This mask has a flexible aluminum nose piece that allows for a better fit.
1 – Pair of nitrile dipped gloves – These gloves do not contain latex are resistance to punctures and offer great dexterity.
Lighting and Tools
1 – Multifunction Knife – The Multifunction Knife is made of stainless steel and comes with 9 features;
- Can opener
- Nail file
- Saw scissors
- Flathead and Phillips screwdriver.
It’s small and lightweight properties make it an ideal tool for any emergency preparedness kit.
1 – 40 Hour Candle – A very dependable source of light and can provide a source of heat in a small area such as a vehicle. A great fire starter too.
1 – Waterproof Matches – Includes 40 waterproof matches
1 – 12 hour Glow stick – bright extra strength glow stick provides an instant source of light that is waterproof and safe to use in any environment.
1 – Roll of Duct Tape – One of the most versatile tools to have in a disaster kit. Can be used to make shelter, seal packaging, repair leaking hoses, fix your rain gear, etc This tape measures 4.6 cm x 6 m
1 – Upgraded – Canadian Red Cross Back Pack. For the deluxe kit, we have entirely redesigned our the Canadian Red Cross Back Pack – It may look similar but there are some significant differences:
- Reflective Band across the top of the pack for increased visibility
- Increased thicker grade nylon strapping which allows for an 80-LB weight limit
- 600 D Denier Nylon shoulder straps
- Shoulder straps have an additional 6 inch of length
- Additional 12-inch X 9-inch zippered mesh pocket inside bag for better organization
1 – Canadian Red Cross Multifunction Flashlight – This LED flashlight and digital AM/FM Radio can be powered by the solar panel, and hand-crank or mobile charger. Additionally, there is a compass and a siren and 4 small reading lights.
1 – Canadian Red Cross SOS Sign – This sign is made to place in the window of your vehicle or your house to communicate that you are in need of assistance.
1 – Waterproof Whistle – Durable design, clips to pockets or belts, high decibel sound, can be used in water. Simple yet effective for distress calls or emergency communication.
1 – Utility Sheet – our utility sheet is made of mylar material, making it compact and lightweight while being water & windproof. Perfect for any 72-hour survival kit.
- Position the blanket behind a campfire so that the heat is reflected back towards you rather than lost.
- Positioned behind candles or lanterns the light will be reflected back into the room.
- Cut up the blanket to line boots and gloves.
- Mylar is waterproof, when used as a groundsheet it helps prevent dampness.
- Doubles as a windbreak when trying to start a fire.
- They are great for spreading out to catch rain as a top up water supply.
- These blankets are quite strong and can easily be fashioned into a sling in an emergency.
- Placed inside a duvet cover they will prevent heat loss during the coldest part of the night.
- Placing them over the windshield of your car while the car is still warm to prevent ice build up.
- Use sheets when building a small shelter with the help of the environment such as trees and branches.
1 – Mylar Blanket – This Multipurpose, emergency first aid blanket made of aluminized non-stretch polyester. Blanket Measures 140 cm X 210 cm
- Maintaining body temperature
- Use as an emergency shelter
- protection from the weather and elements
- a reflective distress signal
- protective wrap for victims of a fire, accidents, exposure, and shock.
- Reflects body heat back to the user.
- Stays flexible in freezing temperatures.
- Lightweight and compact – fits easily into first-aid kits, pockets, bags and glove compartments.
- Windproof and waterproof.
- Will not rot or mildew.
Food and Water
1 – 6 Emergency Water Ration Individual (125ml) – We all need water to survive and these individual water packets will ensure you have your basic need met with clean drinking water. Water packets have a 5-year shelf life.
1 – SOS 3600 Calorie Food Bar – is a great addition to your family’s emergency preparedness kit. The S.O.S. emergency food rations have a shelf life of 5 years. Package contains 9 bars totaling 3,682 calories.
- Contains 9 food bars providing 3,682 calories (15,460 KJ)
- 5 years shelf life
- Coconut flavor
- Won’t make you thirsty
- Can be stored in any climate
1 – 10 Liter water container – This 10 L (2.5 gallons) collapsible water container is the most important items you can have in a disaster kit. With this a pack of water purification tablets and a source of water, you are set.
1 – 20 Liter Water Purification Tablet –
A rapidly dissolving tablet that is safe for adults and children. Effective against Giardia, bacteria, and viruses, when directions are followed.
- Tablet treats 20 liters.
- No odor, no color
- Approved and used by international aid agencies including the International Red Cross
Disaster Pack First-Aid Kit
The Canadian Red Cross is a leader in First-Aid training and First-Aid supplies. This Disaster kit is different in many ways from other kits one of them is our first-aid kit. We believe that as you may be using this kit in an emergency you are going to want to be prepared for a first-aid emergency. In this kit you will find what you need to treat:
- Major bleeding
- Minor bleeding
- Eye Injuries
*Please note that this item is available by pre-order only. Please allow 1-2 weeks for stock to arrive.